Thursday, May 1, 2008

We saved you a seat...


Oh yeah!!! Another game attended and another win. That would make me 4-0 so far this year going to the twins games. I gotta say, the Twins are gonna be sending me a ticket for all the home games I can make it to once they find out. The game was great and there was one thing that happened that was rather superstitious. When dad and I first got there we went and got some food and bevy.
So, I no more that sat down, setting my beer way forward on the ground so I could devour my onion loaded dome dog, and the guy to the right of us (season ticket holder) shimmys his way through my dad and I and knocks my beer over. I had one sip out of it. Damn!!! "Shit" is what came from his mouth. He was watching out for my dad's beer and didn't see mine. The nice guy he is he turned around and said "What kind was it?" He brought me a new beer. Good man!
At this point the only thing that is really bothering me is the mess that it left behind.
Well to get to this point, the guy to the left of me (season ticket holder as well) says to me: "You know that could be like a good omen for the Twins" I didn't really agree that a spilled beer was gonna be a good thing, but in the spirit of superstitions I went with the whole idea.
Mauer hit a triple in the first inning, but, there were two outs and Morneau was unable to help his cause.

Kubel was the man. He hit a solid rope of a HR in the 4th inning. A 2-run shot just about reaching the second deck seats and it was just a line shot. Kind of a slow riser. I think he might have hit it about 460ft. at least.

The game was mostly defense with Harris, Gomez, and Young showing great game presence. Harris made a couple of plays that normally would have made it to the outfield.
Gomez did his usual prancing around in centerfield like a deer and made every catch look easy, but the fact of the matter is, they were not routine fly balls he was getting to. (God I love watching this guy play) #22 is going on my jersey this year.
Young made probably the best catch of the game at the leftfield wall preventing at least a double and one run scoring, but, he also was able to double off the runner that was on first and got us out of the 8th inning protecting a 3-1 lead.
9th inning Nathan got to come in and do his thing.



TWINS WIN!!!

1 comment:

Admiral BigGun said...

You need to go to A LOT more games. The twins could use the help! Go Twins! SKOL VIKINGS!