Monday, April 21, 2008

Yet another day of me being the good luck charm...


So, about 11:10 am yesterday, and my buddy Stumpy gives me a call. He wants to know what Katie and I are doing for the day and he was thinking about hitting up the old Metrodome for a Twins game. Well, Katie had mentioned it already to me about going and doing something and the Twins were one of the ideas she had. I didn't realize there was a game for some stupid reason. So, I got on the phone and got 4 tickets for "Will Call" and called my dad. I Told him to leave a note for my mom that he was at the game and we would grill burgers when we got back to town.
By the way, being the spoiled son I am, my mother went back to the grocery store and got all the makings for her homemade potato salad. Mom's potato salad is the best. Probably one of the few things that I don't even bother to make myself. I'd rather have her make it. It's friggin' delicious and she always makes enough for leftovers.
On to the point.

The game was another fun one. It went 10 innings and was an exciting game defensively.

Gomez wasn't sparkling as far as the bat was concerned but he made up for it ten fold when he made a spectacular diving catch in centerfield and held up the runners on base from scoring. I have decided that #22 Gomez is going on my new Twins jersey. This kid is sensational and will only get better as the year goes on and also the years to come.

Brendan Harris, went 3 for 5. One was a solo HR to right-center. Then he started off the 10th for us with a base hit. Harris is starting to show me signs of an everyday starter. He just needs to polish up his defense a little.

Kubel later got on and set up runners at 1st and 3rd. Kubel has been a solid bat in the lineup and hopefully will continue to be what everyone was looking for in DH/Outfielder.

Then Mr. Justin Morneau came up to bat with runner's at 1st and 3rd and singled to right field knocking the game winning runner "Harris" in.

Once again, I was the good luck charm for the Twins. (At least I like to think that.)

So far I have a 3-0 record for games this year.

GO TWINS!!!
P.S. I will post some pics from the seats soon. Got a few of Delmon Young. We were in the 3rd row down the 3rd base line closer to left field. Hence the good pics of Young to come.

2 comments:

Greg said...

Good job with the Twins. They should probably hire you and pay you copious amounts of money to be there good luck charm!!

Kt said...

Your wifey is 1 and 0!