Sunday, January 27, 2008

The food is not the cause....

Last night I decided to do something different and go to Rochester with a couple of the boys. We wanted to try out this really good burger joint called "Newt's". This decision proved to be a very good one. They have close to "Theee" best burger's in this state for the most part. I like "King's" alot too, but, they don't have the greatest buns. The burgers at Newt's had some really soft and fluffy buns that just didn't hide the delicious flavor of the meat and toppings that were on the burger. T and B, I'm sure you have dined at this fine establishment before, but, if you haven't,,,,,,,,, you gosh darn better get you pittuties down there and do it. Many people had there kids with too. It's alot like going to King's but you have to upstairs of the City Cafe to get to it. Kt and I are gonna try out the City Cafe sometime soon I think. I really want to go down and try the Grouper. I heard it's excellent. By the way, the name of the burger I chose to eat was.......................................... "Dave's Burger" ............................................ here's the caption explaining the burger (Dave, our cook who loves spicy & hot in his food, came up with this one: Our great burger mixed with chopped jalepenos and garlic, grilled, and topped with a sweet & spicy smoked BBQ sauce and Pepper Cheese.
Nummy!!!! Doesn't that sound good?
After dinner and a couple really good Dark Ale's, we decided to go to a bar called "McMurphy's". Decent place, not too small, not too big. Lot's of TV's for your sports viewing pleasure. We hung out there for pretty much the rest of the evening. We played alot of pool and had a good time. Of course I was the one kicking all the ass in the pool games. I think I only lost one game all night. Not that I am a pro or anything like that.
So, on with the reason for the title of today's post. By now I have had quite a few beers' and mind you I started off with 3 large dar Ale's. Throw a shot in there and rush home to meet up with people a whopping half hour before bar close and... poof!, you have yourself waking up with a very nice upset stomach in the A.M. On top of that, the damn stomach aches persist all day long and really have no sign of leaving. Not to mention, I was an idiot and ate my left over stir-fry. (spicy) Wow, what an idiot.
I think that will be enough for today's post.
Until next time!

2 comments:

OhCaptain said...

Newt's is the best place to get a burger. I love those!

Glad you liked them.

Raul Duke said...

The burger did sound pretty good, but the older I get I realize that I can't eat like I used to without consequences.