Thursday, December 27, 2007

Can you say sick?

Yes, that is correct. The lovely holiday season has been nothing more that sickness. I started getting sick on Monday (X-mas Eve). All I wanted to do was sleep. On X-mas day I was starting to feel a little better until I got to the in-laws. Come to find out, my mother-in-law (J)has strep-throat. This makes me a little angry, since she was cooking the food. My lovely wife insisted that her mother was not contagious. But, my sister-in-law (K) was feeling the same symptoms. This made me even more angry. Simply because I knew that my immune system was already breaking down rapidly. All I did was sleep in the chair while I was there. We left there about 8pm and I went directly downstairs to the couch. I fell asleep of course. Kt sat on the couch next to me and at about 12:30 we went up to bed. At 3am the worst hit. Yep that's right, the flu was taking over. You know the drill, comin' out both ends. Ok, maybe a little too much info there. So, every hour I'm getting up and getting rid of "you know". Oh, it sucked. So, at 8:30 in the morning I called the doctor and made an appointment. I went in and told him all of the symptoms. He said that the test came back negatory on the strep-throat but he said he was still convinced that it should be positive because everything pointed at that. I also had the flu, and currently am still battling both. Not the way I wanted to spend the holidays and the extra 3 days of vacation that I took. Here's the icing on the cake. Kt now is experiencing everything that I have. She came home at 5am from work. I definitely do not wish this upon her. She did make me some really good home made chicken noodle soup yesterday. Thanks Honey!

Thanks for reading about the distasterous X-mas!

1 comment:

OhCaptain said...

My family hopes your family all gets well soon. We missed everyone at Christmas this year.